Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas time and a calling to change me....

Today at church I felt so blessed. I sat during sacrament listening to the hymns focused on Christmas. I LOVE this time of year and always look forward to spending time with loved ones. As I have gotten older I view Christmas entirely different. I mean I really don't care if I get any presents at all. I feel like I have all of my needs met.

I listened the other day while I was working to this little girl and one of my co workers talking. My co worker asked the little girl if Santa was coming to her house? She replied that she sure hoped so. My co worker proceeded to ask her what was on her wish list. She said one little thing, and my co worker asked what else? The little girl replied that was all she really needed in her life and that she had everything she really needed!!! What a good kid! I was seriously so impressed with her simplicity and gratitude for the things in her life. Way to go parents!!! I want my children to be like that:)

With my new calling I feel like I am going to learn so much more from the children then I will teach them. You hear this all the time but it's true. Kids are so smart when it comes to the church. I forget how much I learned in Primary. I am so thankful for this new calling and I know I will be a better person from it.

I feel really blessed and grateful for all the things in my life.. I often think back on my life even five years ago. I have sure evolved! I thank my lucky stars and for parents, siblings, and friends who helped form me. I now know what life is about and what is really important. I am pretty proud of where I am. If you knew me then, you would be proud too:)...

I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year. May this time of year remind us of what the season is truly about. Embrace moments spent with family and friends. I love my Savior and I love celebrating his birth. Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

  1. you weren't really all THAT bad come on! :) You really have come a long way though, as have we all. Missed you at mom and dad's tonight, I guess we'll just see ya Christmas Eve. Love ya

    ReplyDelete